Refractor Telescope Meade Infinity 90/600 AZ
The Meade Instruments Infinity 90mm Altazimuth Refractor Telescope is perfect as a quick take-out for an observing session. Whether the observer chooses to use it for terrestrial or astronomical purposes, the refractor optical design will bring bright and detailed images. Observers also have easy access to tracking with the altazimuth mount as well as three different included eyepieces and AutoStar Suite Astronomy programs to familiarize with the night sky and print out star maps with the help of refractor telescope.
What Can You See?
- Explore the Moon and planets – discover the lunar craters and mountains with Refractor Telescope, admire Saturn’s magnificent rings and observe the four largest moons of Jupiter – as Galileo Galilei once did.
- Also observe brighter nebulae, such as the Orion Nebula 1350 light-years away! Countless double stars, such as the beautiful double star Albireo in Cygnus, can also be made out.
- The alt-azimuth mount is intuitive to operate and immediately ready for use. The tripod is also quite light, making the entire system portable
- Meade 90 mm Infinity Telescope
- Rack-and-Pinion Focuser
- Altazimuth Mount with Slow Motion Controls
- MA6.3, MA9, and MA26 eyepieces
- 2X Barlow
- 90° Erect Image Diagonal
- Red Dot Viewfinder
- Adjustable Height Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Astronomical Software and Instructional DVD
- Right-side up image means you can use it for daytime observing (birds, hunting, ocean, etc)
- Easy assembly.
- Refractor means you don’t have mirrors to align (collimate); it’s ready to go out of the box
- Comes with Slow Motion Control Knobs
- Tracking celestial objects is less easy than an EQ mount because the controls function left, right, up, down whereas EQ mounts turn with the rotation of the Earth
Specifications of Refractor Telescope:
|Telescope Series||Meade Infinity|
|Telescope Aperture||90mm (3.54″)|
|Finderscope Included||Red Dot|
|Diagonal Included||90 Degree Erect-Prism|
|Accessory Tray Included?||Yes|
|Includes Autoguide Port||No|
|Periodic Error Correction||No|
|Telescope Mount Type||Alt-Azimuth|
|Type of Electronics||
Manual – No Electronics
|Number of Refractor Elements||2 (Doublet)|
|Focal Length (mm)||600|
|Focuser Style||Rack & Pinion|
|Focuser Speed||Single Speed|
|Total Weight without Counterweights (lb.)||20|
|Tripod Height Range (in.)||30 – 48|
The Orion Astroview 90mm refractor is an ideal telescope for novice astronomers ready to invest in their first model. There are some shortcomings, but this affordable telescope offers the laser-sharp optics that refractors are known for and is ideal for your first views of the Moon, planets, and stars.
There are no reviews yet.