MEADE Infinty 50/600 AZ Refractor Telescope
Ideal for the observer who views both astronomical and terrestrial objects, the Meade Infinity Series combines an altazimuth mount and quality optics for a superb value. For newcomers and beginners alike, these refracting telescopes are a great way for you to discover the cosmos and the outdoors. You’ll discover more with the Meade Infinity Series.
The Meade Infinity 50 Refractor telescope is a great telescope to introduce a younger audience to astronomy. This 50mm (2.0″) aperture gives bright, sharp images for both land and celestial objects. Whether you’re viewing the lunar craters, Jupiter, or terrestrial objects, the Infinity 50 Refractor allows the first-time observer to explore the world around them.
The Infinity Series are refracting telescopes and feature six (6) different apertures including: 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 90mm & 102mm. These are the perfect grab-and-go telescopes with their extremely light-weight setup that allows for maximum portability. Whether you’re looking to take in the views of mountain tops or looking up into the night sky, Meade’s Infinity Telescopes will help you capture amazing views.
What Can You See?
- Explore the Moon and planets – discover the lunar craters and mountains, admire Saturn’s magnificent rings and observe the four largest moons of Jupiter – as Galileo Galilei once did.
- Also observe brighter nebulae, such as the Orion Nebula 1350 light-years away! Countless double stars, such as the beautiful double star Albireo in Cygnus, can also be made out.
- The alt-azimuth mount is intuitive to operate and immediately ready for use. The tripod is also quite light, making the entire system portable.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 50mm (2 inch) Refracting Telescope delivers bright images that is ideal for viewing both land and celestial objects
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land). 1.25 inch Eyepieces (SR 4mm, H12mm, H20mm)
- Focal Length: 600mm
- Focuser Mechanism: Rack and Pinion. Diagonal: 90 Degree Erect-Prism. Tripod: Aluminum
|Observing, Terrestrial, Travel
|5×24 Optical Viewfinder
|Three (3) 1.25″ Eyepieces (SR 4mm, H12mm, H20mm)
|Rack and Pinion
|90 Degree Erect-Prism
|Typical Guiding Performance with StarLock
|< 1 arc-second
|Assembled Product Dimensions
|740mm x 740mm x 1325mm
|Assembled Product Weight
- Right-side up image means you can use it for daytime observing (birds, hunting, ocean, etc)
- Easy assembly.
- Refractor means you don’t have mirrors to align (collimate); it’s ready to go out of the box
- Tracking celestial objects is less easy than an EQ mount because the controls function left, right, up, down whereas EQ mounts turn with the rotation of the Earth
- No slow motion controls
In The Box
D=50mm / F=600mm Telescope Tube
Height Adjustable Tripod
SR 4mm, H12mm, H20mm Eyepieces
5×24 Optical Viewfinder