Budget Choice for Hobbyists
The SkyWalker Series is a reasonably priced ESC range designed primarily for aircraft. Naturally, they are HOBBYWING high-quality assured and will provide you with the maximum amount of safety and enjoyment. They can be used by newbies and RTF applications to improve performance or get started quickly.
ESC 40A SkyWalker by Hobbywing Despite being a cheap option, the Hobbywing Skywalker-40A is produced in the Hobbywing Factory and is not an aftermarket knockoff. The cost can be reduced by using Linear mode BEC rather than Switching mode BEC (BEC is the circuit that powers the Servos and other electronics on the heli). Despite being a little hotter than other 40A, Hobbywing Skywalker-40A still does a good job at powering the engine at 40A overall.
- Safety Function: If the throttle stick is not at the bottom while connecting the battery, the motor will not start
- Throttle Range Setting
- Programmable using Hobbywing Program Card or by using Throttle Stick
- Setup – Braking
- Setup – Low Voltage Cutoff Soft / Hard
- Setup – Start mode Normal / Slow / Slow
- Setup – Timing Low / Mid / High
- High Voltage Protection
- Overheat Protection
- No Signal Shut Off Protection