Hostile situations like mugging, assault, and harassment can be unexpected and thus calls for readiness. It’s now when non fatal self-defense weapons like “STUN GUN” comes to rescue.
WHAT IS A STUN GUN?
- A device used to temporarily paralyze the attacker by administering an electric shock without causing any serious injuries is called a Stun gun.
- Stun guns are designed to momentarily disable the attacker without causing any long-term damage.
- In close range self defense, nothing knocks an intruder down more quickly and efficiently like a stun gun.
- Generally, a contact of half a second will cause the intruder to feel a sudden shock. 1-2 seconds would result in dizziness. 3 seconds can incur loss of muscular control and imbalance paired with disorientation.
- A typical circuitry consists multiple transformers, boosts the voltage in the circuit, typically to between 20,000- 150,000 volts, and reduce the amperage.
HOW IS IT EFFECTIVE?
- It utilizes high voltage energy to immediately immobilize and incapacitate the attacker. It transfers the energy into the muscles of the attacker at a high pulse rate which causes the muscles to work involuntarily, but very inefficiently.
- This process dismisses the very basic function of attacker’s movements. This makes the attacker disoriented and confused momentarily, but won’t be fatal or incur any harm to his vital organs.
- The electric impulse passing to the attacker will not affect the person who is holding the stun gun even if there were to exist a physical contact.
HOW TO USE A STUN GUN?
- Place it against the attacker’s body in a way that electrodes comes against a part of the body that will not move much say shoulder or upper hip.
- Hold it against the attacker continuously for a few seconds.
- Hold the gun for a longer duration of time if the attacker is big in size.
- Easy to use.
- Compact size.
- No permanent damage.
- Stun guns are legal to use in India for self defense purpose only.
- Keep away from children and miscreants.