Hostile situations like mugging, assault, and harassment can be unexpected and thus calls for readiness. It’s now when non-fatal self-defense weapons like “STUN GUN” come to the rescue.
WHAT IS A STUN GUN?
- A device used to temporarily paralyze the attacker by administering an electric shock without causing any serious injuries is called a Stun gun.
- Stun guns are designed to momentarily disable the attacker without causing any long-term damage.
- In close-range self defense, nothing knocks an intruder down more quickly and efficiently like a stun gun.
- Generally, a contact of half a second will cause the intruder to feel a sudden shock. 1-2 seconds would result in dizziness. 3 seconds can incur the loss of muscular control and imbalance paired with disorientation.
- A typical circuitry consists of multiple transformers, boosts the voltage in the circuit, typically to between 20,000- 150,000 volts, and reduces the amperage.
HOW IS IT EFFECTIVE?
- It utilizes high voltage energy to immediately immobilize and incapacitate the attacker. It transfers the energy into the muscles of the attacker at a high pulse rate which causes the muscles to work involuntarily, but very inefficiently.
- This process dismisses the very basic function of the attacker’s movements. This makes the attacker disoriented and confused momentarily, but won’t be fatal or incur any harm to his vital organs.
- The electric impulse passing to the attacker will not affect the person who is holding the stun gun even if there were to exist a physical contact.
Stun Guns – Product Explanation Video
HOW TO USE A STUN GUN?
- Place it against the attacker’s body in a way that electrodes come against a part of the body that will not move much say shoulder or upper hip.
- Hold it against the attacker continuously for a few seconds.
- Hold the gun for a longer duration of time if the attacker is big in size.
- Easy to use.
- Compact size.
- No permanent damage.
- Stun guns are legal to use in India for self defense purposes only.
- Keep away from children and miscreants.